Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Seat with a view

In my effort to "go green" and save some green, I am on the train en route from Burbank to San Diego for the ICSC conference. Not only am I saving the gas and crazy hotel parking expense, there is one less car in the road. Let's not forget the intangible savings of hassle, time stuck in traffic, and the ability to read and catch up on things as a passenger, not a driver. The cars are totally comfy: Nice sized seats, climate controlled, restroom on board, and a cafe. Can't say you have these amenities when driving solo!

I looked up and noticed there is a great view as we pass through San Juan Capistrano. The train tracks run parallel to the beach, providing me with a front seat view of the water and lucky folks who are out there enjoying it.

Sure beats the view of the freeway and cars! Now if only there was a train to the office...
Sent via her BlackBerry

No comments: